Friday 30 September 2016

Day 38: Room with a View



Sleep took hold of me for ten hours last night. I think the drugs helped too. My choice of books to read has been perfect. Haruki Murakami's 'What I Talk About When I Talk About Running' seems all very familiar to me, though Haruki never ever lower his standards to walking. Other than that I understand what he goes through training for events and keeping the routine of running every day.

The view from my hospital window is looking down at a garden designed for families to gather and even take a patient outside for a stroll. In my case, a place for the physio to walk me and I gain my balance again.The bird life is awesome and is a joy to watch especially at sunset. My mind switches to thinking about my daily routine, which not only included a morning walk but also about 2pm when I was at my lowest energy level I get out my yoga mat for 10 minutes of legs up the wall followed by Shavasana (corpse pose) for 15 - 20 minutes, then I'm energised again.

Being in a hospital has certainly given me time to write this journal and think. Is our true calling simply to find ourselves? Painting for me is part of that journey in finding myself and expressing through the medium of paint.