Monday 12 September 2016

Day 20:



For nine days each year I'm the same age as Mr. B, until today when he flips over to a number greater than mine. It's also a public holiday so the city is quieter this morning. I watched a great documentary yesterday, 'In Pursuit of Silence' which is part of the A Design Film Festival. The film covered a lot of information that I already knew, it simply reinforced my views on noise and the importance of spending quiet times away from it.

" Silence is where we seek something deeper than our lives."  Silence reconnects us with ourselves. It's not complete silence, it's being in the presence of nature's sounds like the  background sound of lapping waves, leaves rustling in the bush, bird song , the list goes on. But noise, the man-made polluting type, alienates us from ourselves, that is now a problem of epidemic proportions. It's time for me to get my nature fix and go for a walk.  Silence should be explored, not explained and so with walking.