Saturday 10 September 2016

Day 18: Liffe is good



Another lovely day for walking as the morning has washed away the city grime with a great thunderstorm. I waited until the rain had diminished to just a light sprinkling of misty raindrops and headed to the Botanical Gardens knowing it would be fairly empty of visitors. there were no activities groups including yoga, taiji, boot camp or Qi Gong. Also no family gatherings, no children screaming.

I mention children screaming as it seems to be condoned in public spaces as a means for a child to get attention. This goes beyond the squeals of delight. Scream in your own back yard but not near me in nature. It's serious noise pollution and alarming to my nervous system....in my written journal I go on a bit about stupid parenting which I won't repeat here :)

Today's walk was shared with my sweetheart which always makes for a pleasant experience, as I introduced him to the boardwalk which winds its way through an undulating section of bush. Life is good.