Sunday 18 September 2016

Day 26: What's going on?

 After reviewing my reminder list again, I have decided that this is a personal walking journal, I thought 'stuff it'. Journals are about streaming thoughts, letting them flow. Let it be uncensored to allow me to speak my mind. I'm booked in for neck surgery on Day 35. Fours hours in theatre to have my neck (spine) fixed. it means I wont be walking for some time, though I'm determined to continue with my 100 days project of writing in my journal every day. Should I ask a friend to walk for me? That sounds like a nice thing to do. The thought that someone is thinking of me while I'm having my throat cut feels comforting.


So I have that out of the way, lets focus back to walking. Walking is also great for anxiety. Walk it away. I shall make the most of walking in the coming week. I walked 11km of the MacRitchie Reservoir with friends today and once again was reminded how uplifting it is to leave the traffic sound of the city and get out in the bush, sweat a lot and get my walking shoes really muddy. Saying sorry to myself today that I can't be more uplifting with my words. I'll try better tomorrow.