Sunday 25 September 2016

Day 33:



How do people do it! I'm sitting here trying to multitask, watch a television movie and write in my walking journal. Can Not Lah (as they say in Singapore). But which one to mute? Animation is such a wonderful fantasy world to float into. It's something I've loved all of my adult life, starting with a French film "Allegro Non Troppo".

Thinking about multi-tasking with walking. Now that's a different matter. One task not to do, simply because it annoys the shit out of me, is looking at a devil box while walking. Other than that I gather there are tasks that are mutually cooperative, like singing and walking, talking with a companion and walking, Looking, no seeing and walking is great. Other tasks like photography you need to stop. And what's my point I ask myself? Maybe I'm reminding myself I work best if I do one thing at a time, complete it then move on to the next, rather than jumping from one thing to another. I walk, then I get on with the next task for the day, it's as simple as that. Sometimes I need to work on the order I do these tasks, but one fact is that if the first one of the day is a walk, I'm much better off.