Tuesday 20 September 2016

Day 28:



At some ungodly time each morning I've been woken by the sound of thunder, followed by a torrent of rain. The city feels clean and my morning walks have been refreshing, walking in a light drizzle that lingers for a few hours.

This morning's walk is shared with my long time numero uno Singapore walking buddy and her house guest visiting from northern Australia. It can often be forgotten when travelling to take time out and simply take a walk, instead of plotting how to get from one tourist attraction to the next. Through fresh eyes, we were reminded how amazing our routine morning walk from the East Coast, over the Barrage and through the Gardens by the Bay is. It is spectacular and early morning is the best time (in my humble opinion) to enjoy it; cooler, fewer people, gardens are fresh and you're back home with plenty of time to prepare yourself for the rest of the day. Routine, routine.

My thoughts while walking alone have been consumed with what preparations I need to attend to before surgery next week so having company is a distraction to my chain of thoughts. What a blessing. My walking buddy is also a great taker of shadow photographs (when there is sunshine).