Monday 19 September 2016

Day 27:



Boundaries: one being if it's raining, no need to walk. If I'm walking and it starts to rain, then continue walking. No walking if I have an earache. Today both apply. There's always the treadmill in the gym but so far I haven't needed to resort to that monotonous torture.

I was required to venture out and walk down Orchard Road late yesterday afternoon, something I try to avoid on a Sunday afternoon because the area is overrun by helpers (formally known as maids). Along with the usual male suspects who are there to goggle at the hundreds, if not thousands of helpers, many dressed up with the red lipstick and high heels, paired with a girlfriend and selfie stick in tow. Speed walking through this mass of people is near on impossible. it's a lesson in tolerance. I'm entertained by the groups of uber cool F1 enthusiasts exiting hotels in search of transport to the race venue. Their walking is a little staggered due to alcohol consumption. Maybe their female companions extreme high heels aren't the best shoes to wear, but the image comes first.

Back, thinking about today's weather; maybe the rain will clear later and I can walk.....sometime later.....yay! its fine and off I go. You are what you do, not what you say you'll do.