Thursday 29 September 2016

Day 37:



I've missed a day. Yesterday was a recovery day after the previous night's surgery. My whole focus was on finding my equilibrium and moving very carefully. Surgery was only 3 hours and all went well, my neck rebuilt with a bracket screwed into my vertebrae Yep, it's to be three months of careful strolling. I can see my focus will turn to Taiji.

Walking yesterday had the sensation of being on a boat, having to hold hand rails to stabilise myself, nurses helping to the toilet and waiting at the door. Naturally, I got stage fright and when I asked if they could whistle they didn't get the joke. This hospital is run with the efficiency and service of a 5-star hotel, including the food. It was also lovely having visitors bringing flowers, chocolates, colouring books, coconut water and a fancy "Get Well Soon" balloon, My walking today only consists of going to the bathroom and finding my balance.