Tuesday 4 October 2016

Day 42:



 My sole focus is staying relaxed and calm. The pain is diminishing with the help of a mouli of drugs. Certainly, there will be little walking over the next few days while I let my neck muscles and ligaments repair after being moved and stretched during the 3-hour surgery last week.

I'm feeling sorry for myself for thinking I can work in my kitchen or even hang out on the sofa before I'm actually ready. Patience, patience, patience. This is the most important time to let the body repair. I have the rest of my life to walk, to be physically adventurous, but only if I let the healing process have priority now. I will practice positive thinking and create an image of a strong and beautiful me.

It's difficult to write about walking while I'm convalescing. Apologies to my walking  readers.