Saturday 27 August 2016

Day 4: Being Open


Awoke to quietness this morning, not the normal traffic and construction noise of Singapore. On a good day, I can add the excited shrill screaming of a child. What adult condones such behaviour in an apartment block. I need a moment to gather my composure, remind myself I'm not in Singapore and continue. It's a beautiful morning so I head out for a beach walk along the South China Sea coast. My interest while walking is to experience the new landscape, the sights and the sounds. It makes me feel alive...until the clouds parted and the temperature rose to 34'C even with the sea breeze.


The most astonishing sight between the high tide and low tide marks of the beach were hundreds of little holes in the sand with perfectly round excavation balls piled around the entrance. I spied that  the site workers were crabs. I love a walk when my head is cleared because there's so much that's new to explore.