Wednesday 24 August 2016

Day 1: Better Not Stop


Walking Journal Day 1: the thought occurred to me to arise an hour earlier to write in my journal. Early morning is when I'm at my most creative.  Much of the city is asleep, which means more conscious thought power for me. Walking at this time is gorgeous too. Life needs to be rearranged so nothing is lost. Great that my daily walk is part of this project too.

I want to do everything in the morning; my Taiji practice needs to be slotted too. All this should be happening before my 'actual' day begins. I can see by day 100 I may have a few answers to my confusion. Bend like bamboo in the wind while staying firmly planted in the project. Being in the moment is a lesson I need to learn.

And this is what happens when writing a personal journal. There is a certain amount of verbal diarrhoea. So back to one piece of advice I have learned after completing 3 previous 100 Day Projects. Keep it simple. It is just one creative task repeated over 100 consecutive days; a journal entry a day with a walk thrown in for good measure. The photographs have been added because they might be considered far more interesting than reading what i would call thinking out loud.